Sharad Dwivedi new Malda DM
Malda (WB): Sharad Dwivedi on Monday assumed the charge as the Malda District Magistrate replacing Godala Kiran Kumer, who was sent on leave in connection with a funds misuse case.
Dwivedi was the chief executive officer of Siliguri Jalpaiguri Development Authority (SJDA) and Kiran Kumar was arrested based on an FIR filed by him.
His name was approved by the Election Commission as rolls revision is on in Malda, official sources said.
Siliguri police commissioner K Jayaraman who arrested Kiran Kumar on November 30 had been removed and sent on compulsory waiting.
Kiran Kumar had been arrested for his alleged involvement in paying contractors when he was the CEO of SJDA for projects that were not completed. He was sent on 15 days leave immediately after he was granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'