Sharad Dwivedi new Malda DM
Malda (WB): Sharad Dwivedi on Monday assumed the charge as the Malda District Magistrate replacing Godala Kiran Kumer, who was sent on leave in connection with a funds misuse case.
Dwivedi was the chief executive officer of Siliguri Jalpaiguri Development Authority (SJDA) and Kiran Kumar was arrested based on an FIR filed by him.
His name was approved by the Election Commission as rolls revision is on in Malda, official sources said.
Siliguri police commissioner K Jayaraman who arrested Kiran Kumar on November 30 had been removed and sent on compulsory waiting.
Kiran Kumar had been arrested for his alleged involvement in paying contractors when he was the CEO of SJDA for projects that were not completed. He was sent on 15 days leave immediately after he was granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray