Sharad Dwivedi new Malda DM
Malda (WB): Sharad Dwivedi on Monday assumed the charge as the Malda District Magistrate replacing Godala Kiran Kumer, who was sent on leave in connection with a funds misuse case.
Dwivedi was the chief executive officer of Siliguri Jalpaiguri Development Authority (SJDA) and Kiran Kumar was arrested based on an FIR filed by him.
His name was approved by the Election Commission as rolls revision is on in Malda, official sources said.
Siliguri police commissioner K Jayaraman who arrested Kiran Kumar on November 30 had been removed and sent on compulsory waiting.
Kiran Kumar had been arrested for his alleged involvement in paying contractors when he was the CEO of SJDA for projects that were not completed. He was sent on 15 days leave immediately after he was granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report
- Cbseresults.nic.in & CBSE.nic.in 10th X Result 2016 CBSE: CBSE board class 10th X exam result 2016 announced