Shatrughan hopes Mamata will bring change in West Bengal
Kolkata: Cinestar turned politician
Shatrughan Sinha on Monday said he hoped that the `ma, mati,
manush` slogan given by new Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
would bring positive change for the people of West Bengal.
"Mamataji spoke about the ma-mati-manush of Bengal in
her campaign. I hope her government now will do a lot for the
masses and usher in change," the BJP MP of Patna Sahib
constituency in Bihar told reporters here in reply to a
"Without dwelling on politics, let me say Mamataji is
a great lady, who has sincerity and honesty. I am sure she
can do a lot for the people," Sinha said about Banerjee who
was in the NDA cabinet as Railway minister in the past.
"I have met her and she came across as a nice person,"
Sinha was in Kolkata to promote gameshow `Ke Bani
Crorepati`, the Bhojpuri version of Kaun Banega Crorepati
series on Mahuaa TV, which he would host.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred