Shatrughan hopes Mamata will bring change in West Bengal
Kolkata: Cinestar turned politician
Shatrughan Sinha on Monday said he hoped that the `ma, mati,
manush` slogan given by new Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
would bring positive change for the people of West Bengal.
"Mamataji spoke about the ma-mati-manush of Bengal in
her campaign. I hope her government now will do a lot for the
masses and usher in change," the BJP MP of Patna Sahib
constituency in Bihar told reporters here in reply to a
"Without dwelling on politics, let me say Mamataji is
a great lady, who has sincerity and honesty. I am sure she
can do a lot for the people," Sinha said about Banerjee who
was in the NDA cabinet as Railway minister in the past.
"I have met her and she came across as a nice person,"
Sinha was in Kolkata to promote gameshow `Ke Bani
Crorepati`, the Bhojpuri version of Kaun Banega Crorepati
series on Mahuaa TV, which he would host.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!