Shatrughan hopes Mamata will bring change in West Bengal
Kolkata: Cinestar turned politician
Shatrughan Sinha on Monday said he hoped that the `ma, mati,
manush` slogan given by new Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
would bring positive change for the people of West Bengal.
"Mamataji spoke about the ma-mati-manush of Bengal in
her campaign. I hope her government now will do a lot for the
masses and usher in change," the BJP MP of Patna Sahib
constituency in Bihar told reporters here in reply to a
"Without dwelling on politics, let me say Mamataji is
a great lady, who has sincerity and honesty. I am sure she
can do a lot for the people," Sinha said about Banerjee who
was in the NDA cabinet as Railway minister in the past.
"I have met her and she came across as a nice person,"
Sinha was in Kolkata to promote gameshow `Ke Bani
Crorepati`, the Bhojpuri version of Kaun Banega Crorepati
series on Mahuaa TV, which he would host.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price