Shed your arrogance, Varun Gandhi tells Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Reminding Mamata Banerjee of the political support she had received from the BJP with which she had allied in 1999, party national secretary Varun Gandhi on Monday asked West Bengal Chief Minister Banerjee to shed her `arrogance`.
"Mamata Banerjee is a big political figure now. But I still remember those days when she had only one MP in Parliament. When she threw her resignation in parliament that time BJP was kind enough to support her," Gandhi told party workers here apparently referring to her resignation as union sports minister from the Rao ministry in 1993.
"When the Congress threw them out of the party. It was Vajpayeeji and Advaniji who were kind enough to support them and give them important portfolios in the NDA government. She should shed her arrogance. Arrogance has destroyed big kingdoms," said Gandhi the party in-charge of the state in reference to the allocation of the Railway portfolio in the NDA government to Banerjee in 1999.
Gandhi, who is on a two day visit to the state, vowed to take revenge for the suffering and harassment of party workers allegedly at the hands of the ruling Trinamool Congress.
"The more you harass our party workers, torture them physically and mentally ... When we form the next central government after six months we vow to take revenge on the sufferings of each of our BJP workers," Gandhi said.
He urged party workers to reach out to the people and strengthen the party before the next Parliamentary polls.
"By only blaming the CPI(M) and the Trinamool we can`t strengthen our party. If we want to strengthen our party then we need to reach out to the people," he said.
He said whenever there were natural disasters, BJP workers should be at the forefront of relief work and in aiding the poor.
He said that he would extensively tour the state before next Lok Sabha polls to strengthen the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- French Open: Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair advance to second round
- Nextbit Robin launched in India at Rs 19,999; comes with 100GB cloud storage
- Faint-hearted? Don't watch this spine-chilling road accident video
- Volkswagen rolls out first Ameo from Pune plant
- Hyundai announces special discount for government employees