Shibu Yadav arrested from East Champaran
Barasat: Shibu Yadav, the key accused in the attack on TV journalists in Barrackpore, was on Thursday arrested from East Champaran district of Bihar.
"Shibu Yadav, absconding after Friday`s armed attack on TV journalists, has been arrested from a place in East Champaran district of Bihar during the day and a team of police has already left here for East Champaran," police commissioner of Barrackpore commissionerate Sanjay Singh told a news agency.
Police would move the district court on Friday seeking transit remand of Yadav and bring him back to Barrackpore, he said.
Twelve people have already been arrested in connection with the armed attack on the two TV journalists who had gone to cover an alleged factional clash of Trinamool Congress workers at Barrackpore last week.
The two scribes were still in hospital with serious injuries sustained during the attack.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has already ordered the arrest of all those involved in the attack and stringent action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!