Shibu Yadav arrested from East Champaran
Barasat: Shibu Yadav, the key accused in the attack on TV journalists in Barrackpore, was on Thursday arrested from East Champaran district of Bihar.
"Shibu Yadav, absconding after Friday`s armed attack on TV journalists, has been arrested from a place in East Champaran district of Bihar during the day and a team of police has already left here for East Champaran," police commissioner of Barrackpore commissionerate Sanjay Singh told a news agency.
Police would move the district court on Friday seeking transit remand of Yadav and bring him back to Barrackpore, he said.
Twelve people have already been arrested in connection with the armed attack on the two TV journalists who had gone to cover an alleged factional clash of Trinamool Congress workers at Barrackpore last week.
The two scribes were still in hospital with serious injuries sustained during the attack.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has already ordered the arrest of all those involved in the attack and stringent action against them.
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan