Shibu Yadav arrested from East Champaran
Barasat (WB): Shibu Yadav, the key accused in the attack on TV journalists in Barrackpore, was on Thursday arrested from East Champaran district of Bihar.
"Shibu Yadav, absconding after Friday`s armed attack on TV journalists, has been arrested from a place in East Champaran district of Bihar during the day and a team of police has already left here for East Champaran," police commissioner of Barrackpore commissionerate Sanjay Singh told PTI.
Police would move the district court tomorrow seeking transit remand of Yadav and bring him back to Barrackpore, he said.
Twelve people have already been arrested in connection with the armed attack on the two TV journalists who had gone to cover an alleged factional clash of Trinamool Congress workers at Barrackpore last week.
The two scribes were still in hospital with serious injuries sustained during the attack.
Chief minister Mamata Banerjee has already ordered the arrest of all those involved in the attack and stringent action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!
- After Zuckerberg, OurMine hacks Sundar Pichai's Quora and Twitter accounts!