Shibu Yadav arrested from East Champaran
Barasat (WB): Shibu Yadav, the key accused in the attack on TV journalists in Barrackpore, was on Thursday arrested from East Champaran district of Bihar.
"Shibu Yadav, absconding after Friday`s armed attack on TV journalists, has been arrested from a place in East Champaran district of Bihar during the day and a team of police has already left here for East Champaran," police commissioner of Barrackpore commissionerate Sanjay Singh told PTI.
Police would move the district court tomorrow seeking transit remand of Yadav and bring him back to Barrackpore, he said.
Twelve people have already been arrested in connection with the armed attack on the two TV journalists who had gone to cover an alleged factional clash of Trinamool Congress workers at Barrackpore last week.
The two scribes were still in hospital with serious injuries sustained during the attack.
Chief minister Mamata Banerjee has already ordered the arrest of all those involved in the attack and stringent action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez