Shopping mall manager arrested in West Bengal
Kolkata: Manager of South City Mall was arrested on Monday following the death of a worker inside its premises yesterday.
He was arrested after a FIR was filed against him, the police said.
The manager was booked under Sections 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide) 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) and 114 (abetment) of IPC, the police said.
A worker involved in repair died on the spot when he fell from a ladder about 60 feet from the ground.
Three others who were seriously injured were being treated in a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror