Short skirts cause women harassment: Trinamool lawmaker
Kolkata: Bengali actor and Trinamool Congress legislator Chiranjeet aka Dipak Chakraborty Saturday contended that short dresses worn by women were one of the main reasons behind the increase in incidents of harassment of women in his constituency in the North 24 Parganas district.
"Eve-teasing is a very old thing. It has been going on for ages. One of the reasons behind the increase in incidents of eve-teasing is short dresses and short skirts worn by women. This in turn instigates young men," said Chakraborty, who represents Barasat.
His comments come a day after a girl was harassed in the area.
"The incident of eve-teasing is not good. We condemn it but we need to see one thing that there can be no Ramayana without a Ravan," said Charaborty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists
- This smartphone app can help you avoid unplanned pregnancy!
- Taiwan 'to test-fire missiles in US' as China tensions rise
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails