Siddhartha Shankar Ray`s condition stable
Kolkata: The condition of ailing former West
Bengal Chief Minister Siddhartha Shankar Ray remained stable
A medical bulletin issued by Woodlands nursing home,
where Ray is admitted, said he was receiving treatment for
long standing renal and cardiac problems.
"Ray is also undergoing a thorough check-up and will
have further investigations, if required," the bulletin said.
Eighty-nine-year-old Ray, former Ambassador to US, was
admitted to the nursing home yesterday with kidney-related
complications and other ailments. He also underwent a CT scan.
Ray was last seen in public when he had gone to see
ailing Jyoti Basu, his friend and successor, at AMRI Hospital
at Salt Lake last January.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference