Siddhartha Shankar Ray`s condition stable
Kolkata: The condition of ailing former West
Bengal Chief Minister Siddhartha Shankar Ray remained stable
A medical bulletin issued by Woodlands nursing home,
where Ray is admitted, said he was receiving treatment for
long standing renal and cardiac problems.
"Ray is also undergoing a thorough check-up and will
have further investigations, if required," the bulletin said.
Eighty-nine-year-old Ray, former Ambassador to US, was
admitted to the nursing home yesterday with kidney-related
complications and other ailments. He also underwent a CT scan.
Ray was last seen in public when he had gone to see
ailing Jyoti Basu, his friend and successor, at AMRI Hospital
at Salt Lake last January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS