Silda attack mastermind remanded to police custody
Jhargram (WB): Shyam Charan Tudu, alleged mastermind of attack on Silda paramilitary camp which left 24 personnel dead, was today remanded to police custody by a local court here.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Priyajit Chatterjee remanded Tudu to 12 days police custody after he was produced before the court following his transit remand from a court in Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu.
Twenty-six-year-old Tudu was arrested by a team of policemen from West Midnapore district of West Bengal on April 6. He was working at a casting and foundry firm in Peelamedu area near Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu.
A resident of Andharsole village near Jhargram, he was allegedly part of a 60-member group that attacked Eastern Frontier Rifles (EFR) outpost at Silda in West Midnapore district on February 15, 2010.
Superintendent of Police at Jhargram, Bharati Ghosh said, "Tudu is a member of Maoist squad led by Jayanto."
He has been accused of murder, sedition, arson among several other crimes, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4