Singer Manna Dey files case against nephew
Kolkata: Legendary singer Manna Dey Monday filed a case in the Calcutta High Court Monday, pleading for police action against his nephew Tarit De for illegally taking money and jewelley from his back account and locker.
The 94-year-old Dey sought direction from Justice Sanjib Banerjee so that police act against his nephew, who allegedly has withdrawn Rs.12 lakh from the account and jewellery and a watch valued at Rs.15 lakh from the locker.
The singer had earlier complained to police.
The judge asked the Kolkata police to finish off the probe within ten weeks and submit a charghesheet in another four weeks.
The fraudulent withdrawal of the money and jewellery took place from the north Kolkata branch of a nationalised bank.
The nephew, however, has claimed he has not committed any wrong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says