Singur Bill receives Governor`s assent
Kolkata: The Bill scrapping the previous Left Front government`s deal with Tata Motors to return land to `unwilling` farmers in Singur passed by the West Bengal
Assembly on June 14, on Monday received Governor MK Narayanan`s
"The Governor has assented to the Singur Land
Rehabilitation and Development Bill - 2011," state Industry
Minister Partha Chatterjee told newsmen here quoting a
communication to the administration from the Raj Bhavan.
"Now notification will be made on this followed by
the framing of rules by a committee," Chatterjee said.
The Bill was passed in the Assembly, amid a walkout by
the Opposition Left parties, by voice vote along with some
amendments brought by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016