Six bodies found in guest house room
Suri: Bodies of six members of a family -- a couple and their four children -- were found in a room in a guest house at the pilgrim town of Tarapith in West Bengal on Thursday.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police C Sudhakar said a suicide note was found in the room and the six had consumed pesticide, the remains of which were found.
The bodies were seen when a sweeper came to clean the room in the morning and found the door shut, but not bolted from inside. When he opened it, he saw the bodies lying on the bed.
The couple hailed from Patna, according to the suicide note.
The children, all girls, were aged between three years and 12 years, the SP said.
The authorities of the guest house said the six had checked in on December 24 and had taken quilts last night.
Tarapith is a `shakti pith` and a tantric seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange