Six bodies found in guest house room
Suri: Bodies of six members of a family -- a couple and their four children -- were found in a room in a guest house at the pilgrim town of Tarapith in West Bengal on Thursday.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police C Sudhakar said a suicide note was found in the room and the six had consumed pesticide, the remains of which were found.
The bodies were seen when a sweeper came to clean the room in the morning and found the door shut, but not bolted from inside. When he opened it, he saw the bodies lying on the bed.
The couple hailed from Patna, according to the suicide note.
The children, all girls, were aged between three years and 12 years, the SP said.
The authorities of the guest house said the six had checked in on December 24 and had taken quilts last night.
Tarapith is a `shakti pith` and a tantric seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why