Six more babies die in West Bengal’s Malda
Malda: With six more babies dying at
the Malda Sadar Hospital here, the crib death toll in the
hospital since Wednesday rose to 18.
“Six more babies died in the Malda Sadar Hospital
yesterday. Four babies died during the day and two died late
last night," Health department sources said today.
The babies died as they were brought to the hospital in
a critical condition with broncho pneumonia, underweight
condition and some of them were premature born, the sources
Most of the babies were referred to the Malda Sadar
hospital from rural hospitals and health centres in Malda and
in neighbouring districts and also from Jharkhand.
Seven babies had died on Wednesday, three on Thursday
and two more died on Friday, they said.
Meanwhile, the hospital sources said a decision has been
taken to increase the number of beds in the sick new born care
unit to 22 from 15 at present.
They also said a decision has also been taken to increase
the number of beds in the sick new born neo natal care unit
and also increase the number of child specialists in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you