Six more babies die in West Bengal’s Malda
Malda: With six more babies dying at
the Malda Sadar Hospital here, the crib death toll in the
hospital since Wednesday rose to 18.
“Six more babies died in the Malda Sadar Hospital
yesterday. Four babies died during the day and two died late
last night," Health department sources said today.
The babies died as they were brought to the hospital in
a critical condition with broncho pneumonia, underweight
condition and some of them were premature born, the sources
Most of the babies were referred to the Malda Sadar
hospital from rural hospitals and health centres in Malda and
in neighbouring districts and also from Jharkhand.
Seven babies had died on Wednesday, three on Thursday
and two more died on Friday, they said.
Meanwhile, the hospital sources said a decision has been
taken to increase the number of beds in the sick new born care
unit to 22 from 15 at present.
They also said a decision has also been taken to increase
the number of beds in the sick new born neo natal care unit
and also increase the number of child specialists in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain