Six more babies die in West Bengal’s Malda
Malda: With six more babies dying at
the Malda Sadar Hospital here, the crib death toll in the
hospital since Wednesday rose to 18.
“Six more babies died in the Malda Sadar Hospital
yesterday. Four babies died during the day and two died late
last night," Health department sources said today.
The babies died as they were brought to the hospital in
a critical condition with broncho pneumonia, underweight
condition and some of them were premature born, the sources
Most of the babies were referred to the Malda Sadar
hospital from rural hospitals and health centres in Malda and
in neighbouring districts and also from Jharkhand.
Seven babies had died on Wednesday, three on Thursday
and two more died on Friday, they said.
Meanwhile, the hospital sources said a decision has been
taken to increase the number of beds in the sick new born care
unit to 22 from 15 at present.
They also said a decision has also been taken to increase
the number of beds in the sick new born neo natal care unit
and also increase the number of child specialists in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city