Six more companies of central forces for Jangalmahal
Kolkata: In view of the renewed Maoist activity in neighbouring Bihar, the Centre has decided to send six additional companies of central forces for deployment in tribal-dominated Jangalmahal in West Bengal.
"The central government`s clearance for sending six additional companies of central forces for Jangalmahal has been obtained," state`s Home Secretary Basudev Banerjee told reporters.
At present, 39 companies of central forces are deployed in Jangalmahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day