Six more companies of central forces for Jangalmahal
Kolkata: In view of the renewed Maoist activity in neighbouring Bihar, the Centre has decided to send six additional companies of central forces for deployment in tribal-dominated Jangalmahal in West Bengal.
"The central government`s clearance for sending six additional companies of central forces for Jangalmahal has been obtained," state`s Home Secretary Basudev Banerjee told reporters.
At present, 39 companies of central forces are deployed in Jangalmahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing