Six more companies of central forces for Jangalmahal
Kolkata: In view of the renewed Maoist activity in neighbouring Bihar, the Centre has decided to send six additional companies of central forces for deployment in tribal-dominated Jangalmahal in West Bengal.
"The central government`s clearance for sending six additional companies of central forces for Jangalmahal has been obtained," state`s Home Secretary Basudev Banerjee told reporters.
At present, 39 companies of central forces are deployed in Jangalmahal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why