Six persons get life imprisonment
Raiganj: Six persons were Friday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here today for killing a woman thinking her to be a witch in North Dinajpur district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Santanu Roy sentenced the six persons to life imprisonment for killing the woman Phulrenu Murmu in June 9, 1996.
Murmu`s husband had filed an FIR against the six persons for killing her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO