Six persons get life imprisonment
Raiganj: Six persons were Friday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here today for killing a woman thinking her to be a witch in North Dinajpur district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Santanu Roy sentenced the six persons to life imprisonment for killing the woman Phulrenu Murmu in June 9, 1996.
Murmu`s husband had filed an FIR against the six persons for killing her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females