Six persons get life imprisonment
Raiganj: Six persons were Friday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here today for killing a woman thinking her to be a witch in North Dinajpur district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Santanu Roy sentenced the six persons to life imprisonment for killing the woman Phulrenu Murmu in June 9, 1996.
Murmu`s husband had filed an FIR against the six persons for killing her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi