Six policemen beaten up by mob
Malda: An officer-in-charge was among six policemen attacked and left injured by a mob which forcibly took away three arrested persons from their custody at Pirganj in Malda district.
The mob attacked the policemen with lathis and stones
when they were returning from Satmari after arresting three
persons last evening for allegedly preventing execution of
MNREGA in the village, police said on Wednesday.
Of the six policemen, the officer-in-charge of Ratua
police station Sumanta Biswas was seriously injured and he was
admitted to the Malda Sadar hospital.
Two sub-inspectors and three constables were admitted to nearby health centres. The three arrested persons, who had been forcibly freed
by the mob, were yet to be traced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!