Six policemen beaten up by mob
Malda: An officer-in-charge was among six policemen attacked and left injured by a mob which forcibly took away three arrested persons from their custody at Pirganj in Malda district.
The mob attacked the policemen with lathis and stones
when they were returning from Satmari after arresting three
persons last evening for allegedly preventing execution of
MNREGA in the village, police said on Wednesday.
Of the six policemen, the officer-in-charge of Ratua
police station Sumanta Biswas was seriously injured and he was
admitted to the Malda Sadar hospital.
Two sub-inspectors and three constables were admitted to nearby health centres. The three arrested persons, who had been forcibly freed
by the mob, were yet to be traced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31