Skeleton case: CID team digs pond
Midnapore: The CID probing the skeleton
recovery case in West Midnapore district on Sunday began digging
up a pond in the compound of the Garbeta police station police
for a possible find of concealed skeletons or weapons.
Police said that a team of CID officials from Kolkata
asked the Garbeta police station officials to pump out water
from the pond before digging it up.
A CID team also took Madan Satra, who had informed
villagers about the existence of a pit near Ghosh`s ancestral
house at Benachapra from where seven skeletons were recovered
on June 2, to several places, including Benachapra, today,
Seven persons, including CPI(M) Garbeta MLA and former
minister Sushanta Ghosh, were arrested in connection with the
recovery of seven skeletons on June 2 from a pit near Ghosh`s
ancestral house at Benachapra.
Ghosh was arrested by the CID on August 11 after his
prayer for extension of anticipatory bail was rejected by a
Ghosh was arrested as the DNA of two missing Trinamool
Congress supporters Ajoy Acharya and Swapan Singh, who were
among seven allegedly abducted from Piyasala village on
September 22, matched the skeletons.
Ghosh was yesterday remanded to 10 days judicial custody
by a court in Midnapore district in the skeleton recovery
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH