Skeleton case: Ex CPM minister`s bail denied again
Midnapore (WB): The bail prayer of former
CPI-M minister Sushanta Ghosh was on Monday rejected by a local
court -- the ninth time since his arrest in the skeleton
recovery case -- and his judicial remand extended by 15 days.
Ghosh`s counsel pleaded before acting Chief Judicial
Magistrate Amitava Das that since the depositions of the
witnesses had been concluded his client should be given bail.
Das, however, rejected the plea.
This was the ninth time that Ghosh`s bail was rejected.
The case relates to the recovery of seven skeletons from a pit
near Ghosh`s ancestral house in Benachapra village in West
Midnapore district on June 2.
The MLA from Garbeta and former paschim anchal unnayan
affairs minister in the erstwhile Left Front government, was
arrested by CID on August 11 after the DNA of two skeletons
matched with the family members of two missing Trinamool
Trinamool Congress had alleged that seven party
supporters were killed and buried allegedly by CPI-M cadres at
the behest of Ghosh on September 22, 2002 at Piyasala village
in the district.
The CID had filed a charge sheet in the court against
60 accused on September 24, but 41 were absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune