Skeleton case: Ex-mins aide, CPI(M) worker held
Midnapore: A close assistant of
former West Bengal Minister and CPI(M) leader Susanta Ghosh,
who secured anticipatory bail last week in connection with a
case relating to recovery of skeletons, and a CPI(M) worker
were arrested from Midnapore district on Sunday in the same case.
Police said Debasis Pain, who had been confidential
assistant to minister Ghosh for a long time, was arrested from
near Midnapore bus stand, while CPI(M) worker Gunadhar Rana
was arrested by the CID from Anandapur area.
While questioning Sahidul, another CPI(M) worker and
an accused in an Arms Act case, the CID came to know that Pain
and Rana could be involved in the skeleton case, sources said.
The duo will be produced before the court tomorrow.
Susanta Ghosh prayed for anticipatory bail after an FIR
was filed against him following recovery of seven
skeletons from near his ancestral property in West Midnapore
district on June 4. The Calcutta High Court granted him
conditional bail on July 18.
The son of a Trinamool Congress supporter who is missing
since 2002 filed the FIR against Ghosh, CPI(M) leaders Imtiaz
Ali and Tarun Roy.
The complainant Shyamal Acharya had claimed that he had
identified the remains of his father Ajay Acharya from
Piyasala village on the basis of the clothes from among the
skeletons recovered from a pit near Ghosh`s ancestral house at
Malikdanga on June 4.
He alleged that Ghosh and other party leaders were
responsible for the death of his father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why