Skeleton recovered in Nandigram
Nandigram (WB): Police on Thursday recovered a
human skeleton near Khejuri in East Midnapur district after
villagers suspected that a mass grave had been dug in the
The skeleton was found in a decrepit condition, East
Midnapur district Superintendent of Police Ashok Prasad
Prasad said the villagers had gathered at Kuntibari on
the banks of the Haldi River and had started digging the place
since morning after suspecting that a graveyard existed there.
The police was called in and the skeleton recovered,
The ruling Trinamool Congress has claimed the skeleton
as that of its supporter who was killed in the March 14, 2007
police firing in Nandigram.
A DNA test has been ordered, sources said.
With this, eleven skeletons have been recovered so far
from Nandigram block since the March 14 firing, police said.
Earlier eight skeletons were recovered in November 2007
and two more in December that year, police said.
At least 14 people were killed when police fired on
Bhumi Ucchhed Pratirodh Committee(BUPC) activists protesting
against land acquisition for a proposed chemical hub in
Nandigram in the March 14 firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!