Skeleton recovery case: Framing of charges against accused begins
Midnapore (WB): The process of framing of charges against CPI(M) MLA and former minister Sushanta Ghosh and others in the skeleton recovery case began at the Additional District Court here on Tuesday.
The prosecution brought charges under Sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder) and other sections of the IPC against Ghosh and others involved in the skeleton recovery case in West Midnapore district.
As the process of framing of charges against the accused began in the court of additional district judge (4) Abhijit Som, CID brought those charges.
The court will hear the version of the defence on April 19.
In the Benachapra skeleton recovery case, the CID had on September 23, 2011, filed chargesheet against 58 persons including Ghosh, who is currently on bail granted by the Supreme Court on February 7 last year.
Ghosh had been in custody since August 11, 2011 after his arrest by the CID for his alleged complicity in the murder of Ajay Acharya, whose son filed an FIR following the discovery of his skeleton from a pit.
Seven skeletons were dug out from a pit in a field near Ghosh`s ancestral house at Benachapra in West Midnapore district. DNA tests proved that one of the skeletons was that of Acharya.
In the FIR, Shyamal Acharya named Ghosh as one of the key accused.
Ghosh had maintained it was a politically motivated case filed after the Trinamool Congress government took over in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam