Skeleton recovery case: Framing of charges against accused begins
Midnapore (WB): The process of framing of charges against CPI(M) MLA and former minister Sushanta Ghosh and others in the skeleton recovery case began at the Additional District Court here on Tuesday.
The prosecution brought charges under Sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder) and other sections of the IPC against Ghosh and others involved in the skeleton recovery case in West Midnapore district.
As the process of framing of charges against the accused began in the court of additional district judge (4) Abhijit Som, CID brought those charges.
The court will hear the version of the defence on April 19.
In the Benachapra skeleton recovery case, the CID had on September 23, 2011, filed chargesheet against 58 persons including Ghosh, who is currently on bail granted by the Supreme Court on February 7 last year.
Ghosh had been in custody since August 11, 2011 after his arrest by the CID for his alleged complicity in the murder of Ajay Acharya, whose son filed an FIR following the discovery of his skeleton from a pit.
Seven skeletons were dug out from a pit in a field near Ghosh`s ancestral house at Benachapra in West Midnapore district. DNA tests proved that one of the skeletons was that of Acharya.
In the FIR, Shyamal Acharya named Ghosh as one of the key accused.
Ghosh had maintained it was a politically motivated case filed after the Trinamool Congress government took over in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP