Skeleton recovery case: Framing of charges against accused begins
Midnapore (WB): The process of framing of charges against CPI(M) MLA and former minister Sushanta Ghosh and others in the skeleton recovery case began at the Additional District Court here on Tuesday.
The prosecution brought charges under Sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder) and other sections of the IPC against Ghosh and others involved in the skeleton recovery case in West Midnapore district.
As the process of framing of charges against the accused began in the court of additional district judge (4) Abhijit Som, CID brought those charges.
The court will hear the version of the defence on April 19.
In the Benachapra skeleton recovery case, the CID had on September 23, 2011, filed chargesheet against 58 persons including Ghosh, who is currently on bail granted by the Supreme Court on February 7 last year.
Ghosh had been in custody since August 11, 2011 after his arrest by the CID for his alleged complicity in the murder of Ajay Acharya, whose son filed an FIR following the discovery of his skeleton from a pit.
Seven skeletons were dug out from a pit in a field near Ghosh`s ancestral house at Benachapra in West Midnapore district. DNA tests proved that one of the skeletons was that of Acharya.
In the FIR, Shyamal Acharya named Ghosh as one of the key accused.
Ghosh had maintained it was a politically motivated case filed after the Trinamool Congress government took over in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow