Skeletons dug up from near former CPI(M) minister`s house
Midnapore (WB): Villagers suspecting that
bodies were buried near former West Bengal CPI(M) minister
Susanta Ghosh`s house in West Midnapore district on Sunday dug up
a pit and found seven skeletons, police sources said.
Villagers of Benachapra dug up the pit near Ghosh`s
house and informed the police after seven skeletons and a huge
quantity of human bone fragments were found, the sources said.
The joint forces and the police joined in the
excavations and would continue it tomorrow, the sources said.
Two skeletons were also dug up from Bhanderbelia
village in Jhargram area after information was provided by an
arrested Maoist leader, the sources said.
Meanwhile, seven illegal firearms were seized from
three sacks in Garbeta, Keshpur and Salbani police station
areas of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley