Skeletons found in Lalgarh jungle
Kolkata: Parts of human skeletons, including
crushed skulls and bones, were on Saturday found inside a bushy area
at a village in strife-torn Maoist strongholds of Lalgarh in
West Midnapore district.
Although police and district authority were tight-lipped
about the incident, villagers said that the skeletal remains
were found along the bushy area at Dangbahara village near
Villagers had already informed the police, according to
Lalgarh, a hotbed of armed Maoist activities for the last
two years, witnessed large-scale violence that led to many
Meanwhile, police said that four persons were injured,
two of them seriously, when armed miscreants today raided a
relief camp of homeless Trinamool Congress activists at
Goaltore in the district.
The seriously injured were rushed to a hospital.
Trinamool sources alleged that the raiders belonged to
CPI-M who ransacked the camp and seriously assaulted the
After the attack, the camp that housed about 150 homeless
people was left deserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth