Slight intensity quake at Indo-Bangla border
Kolkata: A slight intensity earthquake hit parts of West Bengal in the early hours on Wednesday.
Meteorological Department sources said the quake with a magnitude of 4.5 on the Richter Scale was felt at 2.35 AM with its epicentre on the India-Bangladesh border.
Although the tremor was felt in a number of districts in north Bengal, there were no report of any damage, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her