Small airports to be built in West Bengal: Mamata
Kolkata: Several small airports will be built in different cities in West Bengal to improve air connectivity, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Friday.
"A number of small airports will come up in different cities, tourist attractions and district headquarters like Malda, Digha and Asansol," Banerjee said while laying the foundation stone of a beautification project at Patuli in the outskirts.
"This will improve connectivity, we have already started the Cooch Behar Airport and several such airports will come up," she said.
She said that the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, which is undergoing modernisation would also be a world class facility when complete.
The Chief Minister said that for beautification of the city, one crore saplings would be planted and new street lights installed.
She said that in three months, her government processed 90,000 government jobs despite the economic crunch.
"We have the will to provide jobs to youths despite lack of funds and we are doing our best to improve the lives of the people in the state," Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof