Small airports to be built in West Bengal: Mamata
Kolkata: Several small airports will be built in different cities in West Bengal to improve air connectivity, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said on Friday.
"A number of small airports will come up in different cities, tourist attractions and district headquarters like Malda, Digha and Asansol," Banerjee said while laying the foundation stone of a beautification project at Patuli in the outskirts.
"This will improve connectivity, we have already started the Cooch Behar Airport and several such airports will come up," she said.
She said that the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, which is undergoing modernisation would also be a world class facility when complete.
The Chief Minister said that for beautification of the city, one crore saplings would be planted and new street lights installed.
She said that in three months, her government processed 90,000 government jobs despite the economic crunch.
"We have the will to provide jobs to youths despite lack of funds and we are doing our best to improve the lives of the people in the state," Banerjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city