Smoke in AMRI hospital
Kolkata: Smoke billowed again Thursday morning
from the AMRI Hospital, where 93 people were choked to death
earlier this month, but the situation was soon brought under
control by fire brigade personnel.
Helium gas leaked from an MRI machine at the hospital
leading to the smoke and it was brought under control, fire
brigade sources said.
Fire tenders were called at 8.50 am after the smoke was
noticed emanating from the annexe building, where a fire
broke out on December 9 leading to the death of 90 patients
and three staff members.
Three fire tenders brought the situation under control
and capped the source of gas that came from the machine before
noon, the sources said.
Fire brigade experts were examining whether there was any
further danger from the machine or the helium gas to the
residents in the neighbourhood.
AMRI Dhakuria remained closed since the fire and the
consequent smoke caused the biggest hospital tragedy in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof