Smoke in Kolkata Metro rake causes panic
Kolkata: Smoke was detected in a Dum Dum bound non-airconditioned metro rake Thursday as soon it entered the Central station.
"Smoke was detected in a non-airconditioned metro railway rake after the under gear battery box suspension brake was overheated. Within minutes the train service was normalised after problem was rectified," Metro Railway spokesperson said.
Smoke caused panic among passengers after the rake entered the central station at 12:32 pm but evacuation was smooth as the train was at the station, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!