Smoke in Kolkata Metro rake causes panic
Kolkata: Smoke was detected in a Dum Dum bound non-airconditioned metro rake Thursday as soon it entered the Central station.
"Smoke was detected in a non-airconditioned metro railway rake after the under gear battery box suspension brake was overheated. Within minutes the train service was normalised after problem was rectified," Metro Railway spokesperson said.
Smoke caused panic among passengers after the rake entered the central station at 12:32 pm but evacuation was smooth as the train was at the station, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'