SMS alerts for ration shops
Nadia: The West Bengal government is going to start SMS alerts to bring transparency in the rationing system, said Food Minister Jyotipriya Mallick on Sunday.
He said the information of stock of food in godown would reach the concerned officer time to time.
"Not only that the details of supply to the distributors would be also given through SMS system. A committee consisting 15 respected persons under every ration shop area will be set up. They would be also given the details of stock at their ration shop through SMS," he said here.
Mallick claimed that this is the first time in the country that the state government is going to start a Model Ration Shop in Jangalmahal.
It will have a shed where the ration consumers can wait. There will be arranged drinking water supply also.
He also stated that the government will set up food godowns in which 3.5 lakh metric ton food stock will be stored.
Mallick claimed that there are 1 crore 30 lakh fake ration cards in the state at present. 77 lakh of them were recovered. The rest of them are now in ration dealers.
The commission of the dealers will be increased if they returned them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister