SMS alerts for ration shops
Nadia: The West Bengal government is going to start SMS alerts to bring transparency in the rationing system, said Food Minister Jyotipriya Mallick on Sunday.
He said the information of stock of food in godown would reach the concerned officer time to time.
"Not only that the details of supply to the distributors would be also given through SMS system. A committee consisting 15 respected persons under every ration shop area will be set up. They would be also given the details of stock at their ration shop through SMS," he said here.
Mallick claimed that this is the first time in the country that the state government is going to start a Model Ration Shop in Jangalmahal.
It will have a shed where the ration consumers can wait. There will be arranged drinking water supply also.
He also stated that the government will set up food godowns in which 3.5 lakh metric ton food stock will be stored.
Mallick claimed that there are 1 crore 30 lakh fake ration cards in the state at present. 77 lakh of them were recovered. The rest of them are now in ration dealers.
The commission of the dealers will be increased if they returned them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends