SMS alerts for ration shops
Nadia: The West Bengal government is going to start SMS alerts to bring transparency in the rationing system, said Food Minister Jyotipriya Mallick on Sunday.
He said the information of stock of food in godown would reach the concerned officer time to time.
"Not only that the details of supply to the distributors would be also given through SMS system. A committee consisting 15 respected persons under every ration shop area will be set up. They would be also given the details of stock at their ration shop through SMS," he said here.
Mallick claimed that this is the first time in the country that the state government is going to start a Model Ration Shop in Jangalmahal.
It will have a shed where the ration consumers can wait. There will be arranged drinking water supply also.
He also stated that the government will set up food godowns in which 3.5 lakh metric ton food stock will be stored.
Mallick claimed that there are 1 crore 30 lakh fake ration cards in the state at present. 77 lakh of them were recovered. The rest of them are now in ration dealers.
The commission of the dealers will be increased if they returned them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'