Smuggled gold biscuits seized
Kolkata: BSF troops have seized gold biscuits worth Rs 32 lakh which were allegedly being smuggled from across the Indo-Bangla border in West Bengal`s Nadia district.
Officials said the seizure of the nine gold biscuits was made yesterday from Banpur border post area when the consignment, wrapped in black polythene sheets, was thrown into the Indian side from across the border.
The estimated value of the seized metal is said to be Rs 32 lakh, the official said, adding the cache has been handed over to local customs authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends