Smuggling gang busted in West Bengal, 2.5 kg gold seized
Siliguri: An inter-state gold smuggling gang was busted and 2.5 kg of gold, worth Rs 80 lakh, seized in a joint raid led by the Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB) troopers at West Bengal`s Kishanganj railway station on Friday.
SSB Assistant Secretary (Siliguri Frontier) Sudipto Sen told reporters here that three kingpins of the gang - Sonu Kumar Deshmukh, Rohit Deshmukh and Dilip Shinde - were arrested during the raid in which excise department, railway police, and Railway Protection Force personnel also took part.
The raid was conducted after the SSB received a tip off, Sen said.
Besides gold, five mobile phone sets and Rs 29,460 in cash were seized during the raid.
While Shinde hails from Maharashtra, the other two arrested are from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh