Smuggling gang busted in West Bengal, 2.5 kg gold seized
Siliguri: An inter-state gold smuggling gang was busted and 2.5 kg of gold, worth Rs 80 lakh, seized in a joint raid led by the Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB) troopers at West Bengal`s Kishanganj railway station on Friday.
SSB Assistant Secretary (Siliguri Frontier) Sudipto Sen told reporters here that three kingpins of the gang - Sonu Kumar Deshmukh, Rohit Deshmukh and Dilip Shinde - were arrested during the raid in which excise department, railway police, and Railway Protection Force personnel also took part.
The raid was conducted after the SSB received a tip off, Sen said.
Besides gold, five mobile phone sets and Rs 29,460 in cash were seized during the raid.
While Shinde hails from Maharashtra, the other two arrested are from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today