Smuggling gang busted in West Bengal, 2.5 kg gold seized
Siliguri: An inter-state gold smuggling gang was busted and 2.5 kg of gold, worth Rs 80 lakh, seized in a joint raid led by the Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB) troopers at West Bengal`s Kishanganj railway station on Friday.
SSB Assistant Secretary (Siliguri Frontier) Sudipto Sen told reporters here that three kingpins of the gang - Sonu Kumar Deshmukh, Rohit Deshmukh and Dilip Shinde - were arrested during the raid in which excise department, railway police, and Railway Protection Force personnel also took part.
The raid was conducted after the SSB received a tip off, Sen said.
Besides gold, five mobile phone sets and Rs 29,460 in cash were seized during the raid.
While Shinde hails from Maharashtra, the other two arrested are from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal