Snags hit Kolkata Metro again
Kolkata: Metro services in Kolkata were disrupted yet again following technical snags Saturday, a day after its top boss was shunted out in the wake of a derailment three days ago.
A train failed to roll further due to a technical snag in the signalling panel board at Kavi Nuzrul station, a Metro spokesperson said.
"As no light was available, the train movement stopped following which Metro services between Mahanayak Uttam Kumar Station and Southern Terminal Station Kavi Subhas were suspended," the spokesperson said.
Metro`s mechanical staff repaired the fault within an hour and train services resumed around 10.00 am.
In another incident, a Metro train developed a snag and was stranded after reaching Girish Park Station. Passengers had to be evacuated, the official said.
"Smoke was noticed underneath a standing rake. The train got stranded and the Metro authorities requested commuters to dismount," a Metro employee said.
"Being a Saturday morning, the rush of commuters was thin compared to other days, so the evacuation process went off peacefully," he added.
Once highly rated for its snag-free journey, the Kolkata Metro has faced disruptions time and again recently.
The first ever derailment of two coaches in the history of the Kolkata Metro was reported on Wednesday. Metro services were again disrupted briefly on Friday after a train developed a technical snag at Kavi Subhas Terminal Station and was stranded.
On Friday evening, the general manager of Kolkata Metro Railway was transferred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach