Somanath Chatterjee suffers mild cerebral stroke
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee has been admitted to a private hospital here after suffering a mild cerebral stroke.
"Chatterjee was admitted at around 8.30 last evening. He suffered a mild cerebral stroke. He has undergone treatment and is presently stable. He is now in the ICU," senior hospital official P Tandon said.
Presently his condition is stable, he added.
This is second time in the last six months that 84-year- old Chatterjee was hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state