Somanath Chatterjee suffers mild cerebral stroke
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee has been admitted to a private hospital here after suffering a mild cerebral stroke.
"Chatterjee was admitted at around 8.30 last evening. He suffered a mild cerebral stroke. He has undergone treatment and is presently stable. He is now in the ICU," senior hospital official P Tandon said.
Presently his condition is stable, he added.
This is second time in the last six months that 84-year- old Chatterjee was hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed