Some TV channels have ganged up with oppn: Mamata
Asansol: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee alleged Friday that some local news channels had ganged up with the opposition to make a hue and cry over rape and violence in the state and reiterated that there was a conspiracy to kill her.
Naming a local media house running a tv news channel and two others critical of her government, Banerjee told a panchayat election rally here, "They are systematically using the Congress, CPI(M) and BJP for propaganda against the government doing good work, for terror, murder and rape."
When her naming the channels caused commotion at the rally, the chief minister, warned, "Don`t lay a finger on them. We will tackle them legally."
Her comments came on a day when a cross section of intellectuals and people hit the streets to protest against the spurt in crimes against women in the state.
Dwelling again on the allegation that a conspiracy was afoot to eliminate her, she said "There is a conspiracy to kill me and party general secretary Mukul Roy. CPI(M), Congress, BJP and Maoists have joined hands."
"CPI(M) should remember that if one Mamata Banerjee is killed lakhs of Mamata Banerjees would be born. I am not cowed by threats. I am not afraid of death, but if I die I will die like a hero. My life is a struggle for justice for 35 years," she said.
Admitting that `one or two` incidents had taken place which were `definitely bad`, the chief minister said "It has to be seen whether the government has taken steps or not. Perpetrators have been arrested within 24 hours. What else do you want? The TMC did not commit rape."
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team