Somen Mitra again demands CBI probe into Saradha scam
Suri: Trinamool Congress MP Somen Mitra, who has declared that he would soon leave the party, today reiterated his demand for a CBI probe into the Saradha scam.
"Only a CBI investigation can expose the Saradha scam," Mitra told reporters at Dubrajpur in Birbhum district.
Earlier, Mitra took part in a programme organised by the Loba Krishi Jami Raksha Committee, along with PDS leader Samir Putatundu and a number of district Congress leaders.
"I have heard about the agitation of the people of Loba from my friend Samir. I have come here to support this agitation actively. What surprises me that even after the Singur and Nandigram agitations the people of Loba are still fighting to get their rights," Mitra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'Dishoom' team to begin promotions at India's centrepoint
- Cristiano steps up to the rescue of "Criticism Ronaldo" at Euro 2016
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone