Somen Mitra again demands CBI probe into Saradha scam
Suri: Trinamool Congress MP Somen Mitra, who has declared that he would soon leave the party, today reiterated his demand for a CBI probe into the Saradha scam.
"Only a CBI investigation can expose the Saradha scam," Mitra told reporters at Dubrajpur in Birbhum district.
Earlier, Mitra took part in a programme organised by the Loba Krishi Jami Raksha Committee, along with PDS leader Samir Putatundu and a number of district Congress leaders.
"I have heard about the agitation of the people of Loba from my friend Samir. I have come here to support this agitation actively. What surprises me that even after the Singur and Nandigram agitations the people of Loba are still fighting to get their rights," Mitra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway