Somen Mitra again demands CBI probe into Saradha scam
Suri: Trinamool Congress MP Somen Mitra, who has declared that he would soon leave the party, today reiterated his demand for a CBI probe into the Saradha scam.
"Only a CBI investigation can expose the Saradha scam," Mitra told reporters at Dubrajpur in Birbhum district.
Earlier, Mitra took part in a programme organised by the Loba Krishi Jami Raksha Committee, along with PDS leader Samir Putatundu and a number of district Congress leaders.
"I have heard about the agitation of the people of Loba from my friend Samir. I have come here to support this agitation actively. What surprises me that even after the Singur and Nandigram agitations the people of Loba are still fighting to get their rights," Mitra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins