Somen Mitra again demands CBI probe into Saradha scam
Suri: Trinamool Congress MP Somen Mitra, who has declared that he would soon leave the party, today reiterated his demand for a CBI probe into the Saradha scam.
"Only a CBI investigation can expose the Saradha scam," Mitra told reporters at Dubrajpur in Birbhum district.
Earlier, Mitra took part in a programme organised by the Loba Krishi Jami Raksha Committee, along with PDS leader Samir Putatundu and a number of district Congress leaders.
"I have heard about the agitation of the people of Loba from my friend Samir. I have come here to support this agitation actively. What surprises me that even after the Singur and Nandigram agitations the people of Loba are still fighting to get their rights," Mitra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city