Somen Mitra rules out returning to Congress
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Somen Mitra on Monday dismissed reports of his return to Congress, saying he was not in the habit of stabbing people in the back.
Sharing dais with state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya at a programme to celebrate the birth anniversary of former chief minister BC Roy at the Congress office here, Mitra trashed reports aired by some TV channels that he might leave TMC in favour of Congress.
"It not my habit to stab someone in the back. If at all I have to go, I will tell Mamata Banerjee," Mitra said.
Mitra`s wife Sikha, a TMC MLA, is, however, a vocal critic of the state`s law and order situation and supports the movement against spurt in violence against women.
Sikha, an MLA from Bowbazar constituency in the city, who was snubbed last year by the TMC for openly criticising the Mamata Banerjee government, supported the Kamduni movement against gang-rape and murder of a college girl last month.
"Sustained protest-movements are required against the recent spurt in rapes and violence against women. I find dirt everywhere. Things have come to such a pass that one has to work under fear," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!