Somen Mitra rules out returning to Congress
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Somen Mitra on Monday dismissed reports of his return to Congress, saying he was not in the habit of stabbing people in the back.
Sharing dais with state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya at a programme to celebrate the birth anniversary of former chief minister BC Roy at the Congress office here, Mitra trashed reports aired by some TV channels that he might leave TMC in favour of Congress.
"It not my habit to stab someone in the back. If at all I have to go, I will tell Mamata Banerjee," Mitra said.
Mitra`s wife Sikha, a TMC MLA, is, however, a vocal critic of the state`s law and order situation and supports the movement against spurt in violence against women.
Sikha, an MLA from Bowbazar constituency in the city, who was snubbed last year by the TMC for openly criticising the Mamata Banerjee government, supported the Kamduni movement against gang-rape and murder of a college girl last month.
"Sustained protest-movements are required against the recent spurt in rapes and violence against women. I find dirt everywhere. Things have come to such a pass that one has to work under fear," she said.
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains