Somnath agrees to advise WB govt on development
Kolkata: The advice of Somnath Chatterjee was on Tuesday sought by the West Bengal government for the development of the state, with the former Lok Sabha speaker and expelled CPI(M) leader agreeing to do so provided he was not inducted into any committee.
"I met Chatterjee, who is a former chairman of the West Bengal Industrial Development Council, to seek his advice on planning and development of the state. We will give serious thought to any suggestion by him," Industry minister Partha Chatterjee said after meeting the veteran leader at his residence.
"If he thinks that there is any deficiency in our plans, he can give his opinion and advice," the industry minister said.
The former Lok Sabha speaker said that the industry minister had met him at the behest of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"I agreed to the meeting since I thought that as I had long experience as chairman of the WBDIC if that can be any use for the development of the state, I am willing to help," the former Lok Sabha speaker said.
"But I made it clear to him that I should not be taken in an any committee whatsoever," he said. The chief minister had visited the former Lok Sabha speaker last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL