Somnath Chatterjee falls ill
Santiniketan: Former Lok Sabha Speaker
Somnath Chatterjee fell sick at his residence on Wednesday night at
Santiniketan in Birbhum district.
Chatterjee (81), an asthma patient, complained of
respiratory problem this evening, family members said.
He was attended by a team of specialist doctors from
Bolpur Hospital, who usually treat him during such respiratory
problem with all medical back-up facility arranged at home,
Though the local doctors said his condition was stable,
family members said as precautionary measures he might be
later shifted to a Kolkata hospital.
The veteran leader was a member of the CPI(M) from 1968
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi