Somnath Chatterjee falls ill
Santiniketan: Former Lok Sabha Speaker
Somnath Chatterjee fell sick at his residence on Wednesday night at
Santiniketan in Birbhum district.
Chatterjee (81), an asthma patient, complained of
respiratory problem this evening, family members said.
He was attended by a team of specialist doctors from
Bolpur Hospital, who usually treat him during such respiratory
problem with all medical back-up facility arranged at home,
Though the local doctors said his condition was stable,
family members said as precautionary measures he might be
later shifted to a Kolkata hospital.
The veteran leader was a member of the CPI(M) from 1968
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Six Assam Rifles personnel killed by militants in Manipur's Chandel district ambush
- Shocking! Huge fire engulfs two coaches of Jaisalmer-Delhi Intercity Express
- Huma Qureshi-Vidyut Jammwal's Gold Glare Selfie! See pic
- Arvind Kejriwal wishes his once arch political rival Kiran Bedi on her elevation as Puducherry Guv
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi