Somnath Chatterjee slams Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath
Chatterjee on Friday slammed the West Bengal government for the
reported commission of the Russian revolution, Marx and Engels
in the history syllabus of the Higher Secondary Council and
wondered who was advising Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"I have no idea who are advising the chief minister
for radically overhauling the history syllabus excluding
chapters of world history, but it is definitely a wrong and
controversial decision," Chatterjee said.
The veteran Marxist said "if students are to read
Marx, Engels and about the Russian revolution, they are not
supposed to turn into Communists.
"I fail to understand why such a historic event and
great masters of history will be excluded in the curriculum.
This is not desirable and is unnecessary and unfortunate," he
According to reports, the history school syllabus is
likely to be totally overhauled with the Russian revolution,
Marx and Engels to be excluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical