Somnath Chatterjee slams Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath
Chatterjee on Friday slammed the West Bengal government for the
reported commission of the Russian revolution, Marx and Engels
in the history syllabus of the Higher Secondary Council and
wondered who was advising Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"I have no idea who are advising the chief minister
for radically overhauling the history syllabus excluding
chapters of world history, but it is definitely a wrong and
controversial decision," Chatterjee said.
The veteran Marxist said "if students are to read
Marx, Engels and about the Russian revolution, they are not
supposed to turn into Communists.
"I fail to understand why such a historic event and
great masters of history will be excluded in the curriculum.
This is not desirable and is unnecessary and unfortunate," he
According to reports, the history school syllabus is
likely to be totally overhauled with the Russian revolution,
Marx and Engels to be excluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic