Somnath Chatterjee slams Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath
Chatterjee on Friday slammed the West Bengal government for the
reported commission of the Russian revolution, Marx and Engels
in the history syllabus of the Higher Secondary Council and
wondered who was advising Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"I have no idea who are advising the chief minister
for radically overhauling the history syllabus excluding
chapters of world history, but it is definitely a wrong and
controversial decision," Chatterjee said.
The veteran Marxist said "if students are to read
Marx, Engels and about the Russian revolution, they are not
supposed to turn into Communists.
"I fail to understand why such a historic event and
great masters of history will be excluded in the curriculum.
This is not desirable and is unnecessary and unfortunate," he
According to reports, the history school syllabus is
likely to be totally overhauled with the Russian revolution,
Marx and Engels to be excluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah