Somnath`s condition improving: Doctors
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath
Chatterjee`s health condition improved today after he was
admitted to a city nursing home with complaints of respiratory
"Somnath Chatterjee is progressing fast and he is
much better today," manager (Administration) of Belle Vue
clinic PK Tondon said to a news agency.
He said that doctors were satisfied with the progress
made by Chatterjee, an asthma patient, though he was still in
the Intensive Thoracic Unit and under observation.
"I think not before Tuesday or Wednesday, he will be
discharged," Tondon said.
Chatterjee (81) was brought to the city from his
Santiniketan residence where he was taken ill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH