Somnath`s condition improving: Doctors
Kolkata: Former Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath
Chatterjee`s health condition improved today after he was
admitted to a city nursing home with complaints of respiratory
"Somnath Chatterjee is progressing fast and he is
much better today," manager (Administration) of Belle Vue
clinic PK Tondon said to a news agency.
He said that doctors were satisfied with the progress
made by Chatterjee, an asthma patient, though he was still in
the Intensive Thoracic Unit and under observation.
"I think not before Tuesday or Wednesday, he will be
discharged," Tondon said.
Chatterjee (81) was brought to the city from his
Santiniketan residence where he was taken ill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes