Sophisticated narcotics scanner at Kolkata airport soon
Kolkata: Alarmed at the rise in attempts
to smuggle out banned drugs, the Narcotics cell of the NSCBI
airport in Kolkata has decided to install a sophisticated narcotics
scanner at the airport.
Airport sources said on Friday that smugglers were found
to be exporting banned drugs out of the airport by various
dubious means in recent past which could not be detected
during routine checking.
"We plan to install a sophisticated narcotics scanner
at the airport during the ongoing modernisation work",
the sources said.
Under the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
Act, the Narcotics Control Bureau personnel seized 7.2 kg of
banned drug Ketamyne Hydrochloride, worth Rs 7.2 lakh, while
being smuggled out to Bangkok at the airport, concealed in an
ornament box on September 13, 2009. One was arrested.
NCB sources said that 108.25 kg of Ketamyne Hydrochloride
was seized while being exported to Malayasia inside masala
pouches when five persons, including three foreigners, were
arrested on January 29, 2010.
The sources said that 25 kgs of such banned drug was
seized from two persons, later arrested, while they were
trying to smuggle it out of the airport to Singapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22