SP doubts Rahul`s ability to lead the country
Kolkata: Attacking Rahul Gandhi, Samajwadi Party Wednesday said he has shown little to prove that he can lead politically and the country would be safe in his hands.
"Since the last one and half to two years, the country has faced several challenges, so many issues have come up, but I have not heard any serious opinion on these from him (Rahul Gandhi)," SP general secretary Mohan Singh said at a press conference here.
"So, how can I say that the future of the country will remain safe in the hands of Rahul Gandhi?" he said when asked on the role he would like for the Gandhi family scion.
"Because he comes from such a big family, there is a feeling that Rahul Gandhi can tackle the issues facing the country," he said.
"But if you ask me, I have not seen anything so far to suggest that," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family
- Mother, nine-month-old toddler found dead in Gurgaon, dowry death suspected
- Trinamool MP likens West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee to Mother Teresa, Goddess Saraswati