SP doubts Rahul`s ability to lead the country
Kolkata: Attacking Rahul Gandhi, Samajwadi Party Wednesday said he has shown little to prove that he can lead politically and the country would be safe in his hands.
"Since the last one and half to two years, the country has faced several challenges, so many issues have come up, but I have not heard any serious opinion on these from him (Rahul Gandhi)," SP general secretary Mohan Singh said at a press conference here.
"So, how can I say that the future of the country will remain safe in the hands of Rahul Gandhi?" he said when asked on the role he would like for the Gandhi family scion.
"Because he comes from such a big family, there is a feeling that Rahul Gandhi can tackle the issues facing the country," he said.
"But if you ask me, I have not seen anything so far to suggest that," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan