SP doubts Rahul`s ability to lead the country
Kolkata: Attacking Rahul Gandhi, Samajwadi Party Wednesday said he has shown little to prove that he can lead politically and the country would be safe in his hands.
"Since the last one and half to two years, the country has faced several challenges, so many issues have come up, but I have not heard any serious opinion on these from him (Rahul Gandhi)," SP general secretary Mohan Singh said at a press conference here.
"So, how can I say that the future of the country will remain safe in the hands of Rahul Gandhi?" he said when asked on the role he would like for the Gandhi family scion.
"Because he comes from such a big family, there is a feeling that Rahul Gandhi can tackle the issues facing the country," he said.
"But if you ask me, I have not seen anything so far to suggest that," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra