Spark in nose wheel of Dreamliner
Kolkata: A spark in the nose wheel of an empty Air India Dreamliner aircraft while it was taxiing in the bay here on Tuesday forced the airline to cancel its flight back to New Delhi.
The Dreamliner aircraft landed here at 4.48 pm from New Delhi and had disembarked all the 248 passengers and was taxiing in the bay when the spark was noticed, airline sources said.
The maintenance crew immediately rushed to check the aircraft but found no fire, they said.
The aircraft which was supposed to fly back to New Delhi at 5.45 pm was sent for maintenance check.
The passengers of the flight were accommodated in another Air India flight, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players