Speaker issues summon to Ghosh for breach of privilege
Kolkata: West Bengal Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee on Monday summoned the state Congress leader and former MLA Arunava Ghosh to the bar of the House tomorrow for serious multiple breach of privilege and contempt of the House through his alleged aspersion against the Chair during a discussion in a local TV channel last year.
A summon was issued by the Chair following recommendation by Sonali Guha (Bose), Chairperson of the Committee of Privileges 2012-13, West Bengal Legislative Assembly, on a privilege notice moved by the Government Chief Whip Sobhandeb Chattopadhyay on September 4, 2012.
The Committee recommended that the injudicious conduct of Anjan Bandyopadhyay, Editor Input, 24 Ghanta News Channel and Moupia Nandy, Programme Coordinator of the same channel, be strongly deprecated and they should be cautioned to be more careful in future.
As Ghosh has committed serious multiple breach of privilege and contempt of the House, the Committee recommended that the former MLA might be summoned to the bar of the House and the quantum of punishment to be awarded to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre