Speaker issues summon to Ghosh for breach of privilege
Kolkata: West Bengal Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee on Monday summoned the state Congress leader and former MLA Arunava Ghosh to the bar of the House tomorrow for serious multiple breach of privilege and contempt of the House through his alleged aspersion against the Chair during a discussion in a local TV channel last year.
A summon was issued by the Chair following recommendation by Sonali Guha (Bose), Chairperson of the Committee of Privileges 2012-13, West Bengal Legislative Assembly, on a privilege notice moved by the Government Chief Whip Sobhandeb Chattopadhyay on September 4, 2012.
The Committee recommended that the injudicious conduct of Anjan Bandyopadhyay, Editor Input, 24 Ghanta News Channel and Moupia Nandy, Programme Coordinator of the same channel, be strongly deprecated and they should be cautioned to be more careful in future.
As Ghosh has committed serious multiple breach of privilege and contempt of the House, the Committee recommended that the former MLA might be summoned to the bar of the House and the quantum of punishment to be awarded to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Unlikely Kerala nursing student was forced to drink toilet cleaner, says Karnataka police
- Coolpad launches virtual reality headset at Rs 999
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: Narendra Modi on IPL drought row
- What is Article 50? The key to Brexit
- GER V SVK: Slovakia eye Germany upset in Euro 2016 pre-quarters