Speaker issues summon to Ghosh for breach of privilege
Kolkata: West Bengal Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee on Monday summoned the state Congress leader and former MLA Arunava Ghosh to the bar of the House tomorrow for serious multiple breach of privilege and contempt of the House through his alleged aspersion against the Chair during a discussion in a local TV channel last year.
A summon was issued by the Chair following recommendation by Sonali Guha (Bose), Chairperson of the Committee of Privileges 2012-13, West Bengal Legislative Assembly, on a privilege notice moved by the Government Chief Whip Sobhandeb Chattopadhyay on September 4, 2012.
The Committee recommended that the injudicious conduct of Anjan Bandyopadhyay, Editor Input, 24 Ghanta News Channel and Moupia Nandy, Programme Coordinator of the same channel, be strongly deprecated and they should be cautioned to be more careful in future.
As Ghosh has committed serious multiple breach of privilege and contempt of the House, the Committee recommended that the former MLA might be summoned to the bar of the House and the quantum of punishment to be awarded to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt announces 13 winners of Fast track Smart City competition; Lucknow tops list
- CBSE result 2016 Class 10 to be declared on May 27. Check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Incoming Philippine president launches vulgar attacks on Church
- Negative global cues drag equity markets lower