Speculation rises as Moushumi Chatterjee meets Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Fuelling speculation that she might contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections on a Trinamool Congress ticket from a seat in Mumbai, veteran Bollywood actress Moushumi Chatterjee on Friday called on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Both the TMC chief and Chatterjee, however, remained tight-lipped on the outcome of their meeting.
Asked if she was contesting the upcoming Lok Sabha polls from a seat in Mumbai, Chatterjee avoided the issue.
Chatterjee had contested from the Kolkata North-East seat on a Congress ticket in the 2004 Lok Sabha elections against heavyweight Ajit Panja of the TMC, but lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed