Speculation rises as Moushumi Chatterjee meets Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Fuelling speculation that she might contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections on a Trinamool Congress ticket from a seat in Mumbai, veteran Bollywood actress Moushumi Chatterjee on Friday called on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Both the TMC chief and Chatterjee, however, remained tight-lipped on the outcome of their meeting.
Asked if she was contesting the upcoming Lok Sabha polls from a seat in Mumbai, Chatterjee avoided the issue.
Chatterjee had contested from the Kolkata North-East seat on a Congress ticket in the 2004 Lok Sabha elections against heavyweight Ajit Panja of the TMC, but lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says