Spl arrangement for tourists, no blockade on NH-31A: GJM
Siliguri: Gorkha Janmukti Morcha on Sunday
said it would make special arrangements for tourists and allow
Sikkim-bound people uninterrupted passage through the NH-31A,
as it prepares for the 96-hour shutdown in Darjeeling from
Benoy Tamang, Press Secretary of the GJM, told newsmen in
Darjeeling that two special buses would take tourists to
Pintal village, near here, from Darjeeling, Kurseong and
Kalimpong and back during the four days.
The GJM, which is spearheading the renewed agitation for
a separate state after the Centre conceded to the Telengana
demand, would set up special tourist assistance cells in all
the four places. All essential services would also be kept out
of the purview of the bandh.
Tamang said that party general secretary, Roshan Giri,
who is camping in Delhi, would hold talks with the BJP
leadership tomorrow on its Gorkhaland demand.
Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling had yesterday
evaded questions on Gorkha Janamukti Morcha`s (GJM) call for
96-hour shut down on the statehood issue.
Chamling had been vocal in the past on disruption of
traffic on the sole highway connecting Sikkim with the rest of
the country due to political agitation in Darjeeling Hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi
- 7th CPC: Govt to set up anomalies committees related to IAS, IPS, IFoS
- WATCH: 17 runs off 1 ball! Virender Sehwag does the impossible against Pakistan
- 7th Pay Commission: No annual increment for govt employees if performance not upto the mark