Spl arrangement for tourists, no blockade on NH-31A: GJM
Siliguri: Gorkha Janmukti Morcha on Sunday
said it would make special arrangements for tourists and allow
Sikkim-bound people uninterrupted passage through the NH-31A,
as it prepares for the 96-hour shutdown in Darjeeling from
Benoy Tamang, Press Secretary of the GJM, told newsmen in
Darjeeling that two special buses would take tourists to
Pintal village, near here, from Darjeeling, Kurseong and
Kalimpong and back during the four days.
The GJM, which is spearheading the renewed agitation for
a separate state after the Centre conceded to the Telengana
demand, would set up special tourist assistance cells in all
the four places. All essential services would also be kept out
of the purview of the bandh.
Tamang said that party general secretary, Roshan Giri,
who is camping in Delhi, would hold talks with the BJP
leadership tomorrow on its Gorkhaland demand.
Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling had yesterday
evaded questions on Gorkha Janamukti Morcha`s (GJM) call for
96-hour shut down on the statehood issue.
Chamling had been vocal in the past on disruption of
traffic on the sole highway connecting Sikkim with the rest of
the country due to political agitation in Darjeeling Hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death