Srinagar Army convoy ambush: Widow of slain jawan commits suicide
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: In a tragic incident, the widow of one of the Army jawans who was killed in a militant attack in Srinagar allegedly committed suicide on Wednesday.
The incident is reported to have happened in West Bengal`s Bankura district. The 25-year-old Piu Nandy, wife of Aditya Nandy is said to have set herself on fire.
Her body has been sent for post mortem.
An Army convoy was attacked in Srinagar on June 24 by militants in which eight jawans were killed and 19 others were injured, a day before the high profile two-day visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi to Jammu and Kashmir.
The firing took place in the Bemina area of Srinagar. Army convoy was fired at from both sides of the road. It took place near Classic hospital on Panthachowk-Parimpora stretch on national highway leading to North Kashmir when a convoy of 35 Rashtriya Rifles was going to its base camp at Budgam.
In another attack in Srinagar last week two policemen were killed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement