Srinagar Army convoy ambush: Widow of slain jawan commits suicide
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: In a tragic incident, the widow of one of the Army jawans who was killed in a militant attack in Srinagar allegedly committed suicide on Wednesday.
The incident is reported to have happened in West Bengal`s Bankura district. The 25-year-old Piu Nandy, wife of Aditya Nandy is said to have set herself on fire.
Her body has been sent for post mortem.
An Army convoy was attacked in Srinagar on June 24 by militants in which eight jawans were killed and 19 others were injured, a day before the high profile two-day visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi to Jammu and Kashmir.
The firing took place in the Bemina area of Srinagar. Army convoy was fired at from both sides of the road. It took place near Classic hospital on Panthachowk-Parimpora stretch on national highway leading to North Kashmir when a convoy of 35 Rashtriya Rifles was going to its base camp at Budgam.
In another attack in Srinagar last week two policemen were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam