State buying time to bail out chit fund accused: Biman
Kolkata: Flaying the Trinamool Congress regime of trying to shield the accused in the Saradha Group chit fund scam, Left Front Chairman Biman Bose today said steps taken by the state government are aimed at bailing them out.
"Steps taken by the state government are aimed at delaying the entire matter. It is a ploy to buy time and bail out the accused involved in the scam," Bose said on the sidelines of a rally organised by Left trade unions to commemorate May Day.
Asked whether the party will take action against CPI(M) leaders if found guilty in Saradha Group scam, Bose said, "Let them give us the names of party leaders involved."
Bose also criticised the `lethargic attitude` by the state government in initiating action against chit funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill