State buying time to bail out chit fund accused: Biman
Kolkata: Flaying the Trinamool Congress regime of trying to shield the accused in the Saradha Group chit fund scam, Left Front Chairman Biman Bose today said steps taken by the state government are aimed at bailing them out.
"Steps taken by the state government are aimed at delaying the entire matter. It is a ploy to buy time and bail out the accused involved in the scam," Bose said on the sidelines of a rally organised by Left trade unions to commemorate May Day.
Asked whether the party will take action against CPI(M) leaders if found guilty in Saradha Group scam, Bose said, "Let them give us the names of party leaders involved."
Bose also criticised the `lethargic attitude` by the state government in initiating action against chit funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what