State Congress leader Pradip Ghosh joins BJP in West Bengal
Kolkata: Senior state Congress leader Pradip Ghosh on Sunday joined the BJP along with his supporters.
"Only the BJP can save the state from the misrule of Trinamool Congress. There is nothing called democracy in that party (Congress) so I decided to quit," Ghosh, a former Kolkata Municipal Corporation councillor told reporters.
BJP state president Rahul Sinha said after the end of July, they would begin their campaign for enrolment in party affiliated workers` unions.
He also announced that from June 23, the death anniversary of freedom fighter Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee, till July 6, his birthday, the party would observe a fortnight-long "Save Bengal" campaign.
They would also bring out a rally from College Square where hundreds of party leaders, supporters and celebrities would take part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day