State Congress leader Pradip Ghosh joins BJP in West Bengal
Kolkata: Senior state Congress leader Pradip Ghosh on Sunday joined the BJP along with his supporters.
"Only the BJP can save the state from the misrule of Trinamool Congress. There is nothing called democracy in that party (Congress) so I decided to quit," Ghosh, a former Kolkata Municipal Corporation councillor told reporters.
BJP state president Rahul Sinha said after the end of July, they would begin their campaign for enrolment in party affiliated workers` unions.
He also announced that from June 23, the death anniversary of freedom fighter Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee, till July 6, his birthday, the party would observe a fortnight-long "Save Bengal" campaign.
They would also bring out a rally from College Square where hundreds of party leaders, supporters and celebrities would take part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'