State Congress leader Pradip Ghosh joins BJP in West Bengal
Kolkata: Senior state Congress leader Pradip Ghosh on Sunday joined the BJP along with his supporters.
"Only the BJP can save the state from the misrule of Trinamool Congress. There is nothing called democracy in that party (Congress) so I decided to quit," Ghosh, a former Kolkata Municipal Corporation councillor told reporters.
BJP state president Rahul Sinha said after the end of July, they would begin their campaign for enrolment in party affiliated workers` unions.
He also announced that from June 23, the death anniversary of freedom fighter Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee, till July 6, his birthday, the party would observe a fortnight-long "Save Bengal" campaign.
They would also bring out a rally from College Square where hundreds of party leaders, supporters and celebrities would take part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16