State Congress leader Pradip Ghosh joins BJP in West Bengal
Kolkata: Senior state Congress leader Pradip Ghosh on Sunday joined the BJP along with his supporters.
"Only the BJP can save the state from the misrule of Trinamool Congress. There is nothing called democracy in that party (Congress) so I decided to quit," Ghosh, a former Kolkata Municipal Corporation councillor told reporters.
BJP state president Rahul Sinha said after the end of July, they would begin their campaign for enrolment in party affiliated workers` unions.
He also announced that from June 23, the death anniversary of freedom fighter Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee, till July 6, his birthday, the party would observe a fortnight-long "Save Bengal" campaign.
They would also bring out a rally from College Square where hundreds of party leaders, supporters and celebrities would take part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage