State govt responsible if polls are not held: CPI(M)
Kolkata: Accusing the Trinamool Congress government of not being serious on holding panchayat election in the state, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Surya Kanta Mishra on Wednesday said it has to take responsibility if the polls were not held on time.
"The state government from the very beginning is not serious about holding panchayat polls. It does not want to give power to the people of rural Bengal. It had earlier wanted the polls to be held in December, 2011 so that they could ride on the pro-Trinamool wave," Mishra said.
"Since the wind is now going against TMC, it wants panchayat polls are not held on time. That is why it wants that there is no adequate security during polling and also is creating the hurdles," he alleged.
Mishra said that Trinamool Congress has to take the responsibility if panchayat polls are not held on time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India