State govt responsible if polls are not held: CPI(M)
Kolkata: Accusing the Trinamool Congress government of not being serious on holding panchayat election in the state, Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Surya Kanta Mishra on Wednesday said it has to take responsibility if the polls were not held on time.
"The state government from the very beginning is not serious about holding panchayat polls. It does not want to give power to the people of rural Bengal. It had earlier wanted the polls to be held in December, 2011 so that they could ride on the pro-Trinamool wave," Mishra said.
"Since the wind is now going against TMC, it wants panchayat polls are not held on time. That is why it wants that there is no adequate security during polling and also is creating the hurdles," he alleged.
Mishra said that Trinamool Congress has to take the responsibility if panchayat polls are not held on time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'