State responsible for panchayat poll in Ramzan
Kolkata: The Left Front on Monday accused the West Bengal government of being solely responsible for pancahayat poll dates coinciding with the Muslim fasting month of Ramzan.
Left Front chairman Biman Bose said Trinamool Congress regime had earlier opposed the date of July 10, when Rathayatra is celebrated, and July 21, when TMC observes Shahid Divas, resulting in delay in fixing of poll dates.
The two dates were reversed, but at that time TMC did not raise the matter of Ramzan month, Bose pointed out.
"So those two dates were reversed. Why didn`t they raise the matter of Ramzan month then?" he asked.
The government said it would file a review petition in the Supreme Court praying for rescheduling of dates.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'